Welcome Alumni and Friends!
The College of Chemical and Life Sciences has evolved and grown substantially over the last 15 years and we want to let you know about our successes and our aspirations.
- To get an overview of the evolution of the college’s configuration, visit our Facts and Figures page which provides historical highlights.
- You can read about recent accomplishments in our online newsletter and in our CLFS news section.
We’d like you to contribute to the college’s momentum. Here are some ways you can get involved:
- Join the CLFS Alumni Association Chapter – Founded in 1995, the College’s Alumni Association Chapter is being revitalized and needs your help. All Alumni Association members are welcome to join! Contact Steve Silipigni, Associate Director of Development and Alumni Relations at 301.405.4324 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Events such as tailgates, game watches, scientific presentations, and student mentoring programs are planned.
- Join Us for Alumni Events – Visit our calendar of alumni events to see what’s planned for this semester.
- Take a TERP to Work! – Externships are a new way for students to visit your workplace for a day to learn about your day-to-day duties and get a taste of the job that they may want to have someday.
- Provide Advice for Pre-Med and Pre-Dent Students during the Health Professions Alumni Advice Day – Each Fall the staff of the Reed-Yorke Health Professions Advising Office in the College host alumni back to campus to serve on a panel to discuss their personal journeys into medical and dental school and offer advice to the next generation of doctors and dentists.
- Share Your Successes with the Chemistry 395 Class: Careers in Chemistry - This Spring semester class welcomes alumni back to tell their stories of how a degree in chemistry served them well in their careers, from federal service, to forensics, to law and medicine, chemistry was an “elemental” part of their success!
- Encourage Entrepreneurship -- The Will Course for Entrepreneurship and Entrepreneurial Office Hours – welcome alumni entrepreneurs who can provide invaluable support to faculty and students trying get that great discovery into the marketplace. The College’s twice monthly office hours are the perfect setting for alumni to come and lend their expertise to faculty and students. The Will Course, now in its third year, depends on guest speakers with real world experience who have brought the lessons of combing the life sciences and business skills to reality. Interested in getting involved? Contact Andrea Morris, Assistant Dean for Development and Corporate Relations, email@example.com, 301-405-4572.
- Join the UM - College of Chemical and Life Sciences Community on Facebook